29 October 2008

Birthday presents



My friend A.'s birthday was last week, and I had quite a good time making her presents. The funny thing was that her card ended up being a wall hanging . . . couldn't figure out how to make it a card. My husband helped with suggestions on placements of the shards of mirror styrene; I ended up with an abstract easel supporting the sunflower collage. It worked out beautifully to stamp the design on acetate, color with alcohol inks, then use a Xyron to mount it on sunburst gold paper I got in England earlier this summer. I used foam tape to create depth among the background panel, styrene shards, and sunflower collage. This is one of my favorite things I've made!

I did also make a set of wine charms for A. These are done on 1x1" Stampbord using punched squares of paper and Liquid Laminate. Then I paint the edges with Liquid Leafing, punch a hole with my Crop-a-Dile, insert an eyelet, then add a jump ring and earring with suitable beads on it that complement the design while also maintaining a consistent look through the whole set.