14 March 2012
Instead I decided to mess around with a stamp I got from Alpha Stamps for $0.99 yesterday. The stamp impression was done with Ranger Archival Green ink on a white tag, and then I used Distress Inks in Evergreen Bough, Forest Moss, and Bundled Sage. The Forest Moss had gone on a bit strong, so I sprinkled water over the tag to mottle the surface and then wiped it off after a few seconds. After that I grabbed a 7gypsies Conservatory moth stamp and dotted it around with Distress Forest Moss ink.
One of the moths I stamped going the wrong way (should have had it pointing down instead of up), so I needed to obscure it with something. I had some self-adhesive crystals from a previous project in my drawer, so I put some of those around in a couple of places.
I used Prismacolor pencils smudged with a tortillon on the stamp itself to highlight the woman & her robes, the tree trunks, and the border.
Finally, I added a wire-edged ribbon embellished with a Trinkette, an emerald crystal on a pin, and a large circle bead. [And about 30 minutes after posting this entry, I decided the really final touch would be a quick spritz of my new Perfect Pearls Biscotti Mist to add some shimmer onto the tag itself.]
It's nothing to write home about really, but it was fun and I like all the greens--must have been inspired by all the springtime things I have been reading about the last few days.
|upper right corner (Dremel)|
|mountain lines done with knife blade|
First I made various marks in the clay surface with my Scratchbord knife and my Dremel tool with a couple of different attachments. I think then I rubbed soft pastels into different parts of the boards and fixed them by applying gel medium over the top. After that, I added more shading & depth of color with oil pastels.
|deep gouges made with Dremel|
(kind of on accident but it worked okay)