To strengthen and reduce the porousness of the handmade paper I made many months ago, I painted it with Golden Airbrush paint (Phthalo Green Blue Shade)--Ms. Hall had suggested Procion silk dye, but I don't have any of that. After drying, I used Jet Black Archival Ink to stamp a Magenta image. Then I colored the image with Prismacolor pencils (canary yellow, Spanish orange, orange, yellowed orange, yellow ochre, carmine red, and grass green), finishing up with a burnishing pencil. I added Glossy Accents over the center flower--it's not dry yet in the picture.
This medallion would look nice on the cover of a small notebook, methinks. I like the look of the stamped ink and the colored pencils on the hamdmade paper.