21 August 2012

It's not much but it is better than nothing

So here is an interesting situation--
just spent 45 minutes, close to an hour--WASTING MY TIME
clicking around on old links in my bookmarks
checking to see if anyone had posted any new & interesting blog posts
looking at stuff other people have made or are selling
thinking about CRAP I ought to do
ONE DAY
like clean up my bookmark links
when what I really wanted to do was play with stuff (or maybe go to bed)

If I wanted to play, why didn't I?  Partly because I hate to get interrupted
partly because doing stuff in the evening
(CREATIVE STUFF)
gets me energized and then it's too
hard--even harder than usual--
to go to sleep
partly, I am sure, because it's a habit

So I am calling BULLSHIT on that
don't care what time it is
even if I do nothing but write this
at least I am breaking a pattern, for one night, and doing something


Ink added post-writing with Dr. Ph. Martin's Bombay India inks.  And hey--it turns out that the Stabilo pens are not waterproof.  Must remember that for the future!  And I do indeed feel better and more at rest for having done something.

Sorry the pic is so small (was taken with iPhone and uploaded using the iPhone Blogger app, and that doesn't appear to include a larger version other than the thumbnail)--the writing on the journal page is what is transcribed above the image in this blog post.